Friday, August 9, 2013

Hollow Heart

That's what it feels like.

I guess when you decide to do something, and you're going to give it your all, it's bound to hurt a heck of a lot when it ends. 

Where the real challenge comes in, I'm starting to discover, is when it ends; don't fill the hollowness with bitterness. Give it time, as long as it needs. Fill it with joy, love, laughter and the newly found appreciation of yourself. 

Did I love him? I was definitely starting to! What I did do, was give him my heart, all of it, along with a signed permission slip to break it at will. Some might call that silly, but I guess you never know until you try. And that kind of trying, prevents the 'shoulda, woulda, coulda' kind of thinking. 

I gave it my all, and it wasn't good enough. And that's ok. I'm probably better off, anyways. 
(Though it definitely doesn't seem like it now, and the 'missing you' playlist I have is borderline being abused!)

Ever onward! Ever upward!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment